Corrugated metal roofing is a popular roofing option for homeowners in Minnesota due to its durability, longevity, and aesthetic appeal. However, the cost to install corrugated metal roofing can vary based on various factors.
In this blog, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide to help homeowners understand the costs involved, including the factors that can affect them and the other considerations that you should also keep in mind.
Factors Affecting the Cost
Before diving into the cost of installing a corrugated metal roof in Minnesota, it’s essential to understand the factors that can impact the overall cost. Some of the key factors include:
- Roof Size: The size of the roof is a significant factor in determining the cost of corrugated metal roof installation. A larger roof will require more materials and labor, increasing the overall cost.
- Roof Pitch: The pitch or slope of the roof can also impact the installation cost. Steeper roofs can be more challenging to work on and may require more labor, increasing the cost.
- Material Quality: The quality of the corrugated metal roof material can also impact the cost. High-quality materials may be more expensive, but they can provide better durability and longevity.
- Roofing Accessories: The cost to install corrugated metal roofing can also be affected by the need for additional roofing accessories such as gutters, flashing, and underlayment.
- Labor Costs: The labor costs can vary depending on the roofing contractor’s experience, location, and availability. Contractors that are more experienced may charge more for their services, although they might also offer better workmanship.
Cost to Install Corrugated Metal Roofing in Minnesota
The cost of installing a corrugated metal roof in Minnesota can range from $3 to $7 per square foot, including materials and labor. For a 1,500-square-foot roof, homeowners can expect to pay between $4,500 and $10,500 for the installation.
However, it’s essential to keep in mind that the cost can vary based on the factors mentioned above. For example, a larger roof or a steeper roof pitch may increase the overall cost.
In addition, higher-quality materials may be more expensive but can provide better durability and longevity, ultimately reducing long-term maintenance costs.
DIY vs. Professional Installation
Some homeowners may be tempted to install corrugated metal roofs themselves to save on labor costs. However, it’s important to note that installing a roof is a complex and dangerous process that requires specialized knowledge and equipment.
Professional roofing contractors have the experience and expertise to install corrugated metal roofs safely and efficiently. They also have access to the necessary tools and equipment, which can save homeowners from having to purchase or rent them.
Additionally, professional roofing contractors can offer warranties on their workmanship and materials, providing homeowners with added peace of mind.
Roofing Contractor Considerations
When hiring a roofing contractor to install metal roofing in Minnesota, homeowners should consider several factors to ensure they are getting the best value for their investment. Some important considerations include:
- Experience: Look for a contractor with extensive experience in installing corrugated metal roofing. Ask for references and examples of their previous work to ensure they have the necessary expertise.
- Licensing and Insurance: Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured to protect both the homeowner and the contractor in case of accidents or damage.
- Cost: Compare quotes from multiple roofing contractors to ensure you are getting a fair and competitive price for the installation.
- Warranty: Ask about the warranty on the workmanship and materials to ensure you are protected in case of any issues down the line.
Storm Group is a Metal Roofing Expert!
If you’re interested in installing a metal roof on your property in Minnesota, Storm Group Roofing has the expertise and experience to get the job done right and at a fair price. We’ll give you a detailed estimate of the cost to install corrugated metal roofing so you know how much you’re expected to pay at the end. Contact us to get a free estimate today!